The Canada Graduate Scholarship – Master’s Awards (CGS-M) administered by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) aims to help highly qualified students develop research skills and training associated with Health in Canada
Prospective recipients are expected to have an exceptionally high potential for future research achievement and productivity.
This scholarship is awarded to students in the first or second year of a full-time Master's degree in a Health field.
To be eligible for the CIHR Canada Graduate Scholarship - Master's Award, student must comply with the following criteria:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be enrolled in, or intend to apply for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the master’s or doctoral level at a Canadian university with a CGS-M allocation;
- have completed, as of December 31 of the year of application, between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in:
- the master’s program for which you are requesting funding; or
- the doctoral program for which you are requesting funding if you were admitted into a doctoral program directly from your bachelor’s program (you were never registered in a master’s program, or you are registered in a combined Master’s-PhD program); or
- a master’s program, but are requesting funding for a doctoral program (an example is a student who is fast-track from a master’s to a doctoral program within 12 months of starting their Master’s and is seeking funding for the first 12 months of their doctoral program); and
- not have previously held a CGS-M;
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by the host university, in the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent); and
- submit a maximum of one CGS-M application per year (the Research Portal will allow the application to be submitted to up to five universities – refer to Application Procedure).
To apply to the CIHR CGS-M Award you must complete the following:
- Canadian Common CV
To create a Canadian Common CV, click the following link:
To create or access an application, click the following link:
For more information regarding the application process for CIHR CGS-M Award, click the following links: