- General Information about the Master's Thesis Process
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Supervisory Policy
- Department of Health Sciences Policies for Thesis Proposals and Defences (PDF)
- Conservative Thesis Timeline
- Department of Health Sciences Thesis Format Guidelines (PDF)
Some of the following forms require your signature. You are able to sign these forms electronically.
- Thesis Topic & Committee form (Appendix 1)
- Proposal Ready for Review form (Appendix 2a)
- Thesis Committee's Report on Proposal form (Appendix 2b)
- Permission to Proceed form (Appendix 2c)
- Confirmation of Ethics Approval form (Appendix 3)
- Proposed Examiner form (Appendix 4a)
- Arm's-Length form (Appendix 4b)
- Thesis Ready for Review form (Appendix 4c)
- Examiner's Report on Thesis form (Appendix 4d)
- Report on Thesis Examination form (Appendix 4e)
- Recommendation of Thesis (Appendix 5a)
- Thesis Ready for Final Submission form (Appendix 5b)
- Exit Survey
The Lakehead University Ethical Review Committee must approve all studies whose research involves human or animal subjects. You may obtain information on how to submit an ethics application by contacting the Office of Research or by visiting our Ethics & Research Integrity page. If you are uncertain whether your study requires ethical approval (e.g. use of archival data), please consult with your Supervisor or the Graduate Coordinator. Ethics approval to proceed must be received before data collection may begin.
Completion of ethical review may take up to three weeks before approval is granted (longer during the summer months, when the committee does not meet regularly). You should complete the oral presentation of your proposal before submitting the ethics proposal. Suggestions may arise following your presentation that may be helpful in modifying your design.
Students are encouraged to publish their findings in scholarly journals and present at conferences.