- General Information about the Master's Thesis Process
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Supervisory Policy
- Department of Health Sciences Policies for Thesis Proposals and Defences (PDF)
- Department of Health Sciences Overview of Thesis Policies and Processes (PDF)
- Conservative Thesis Timeline
- Department of Health Sciences Thesis Format Guidelines (PDF)
Some of the following forms require your signature. You are able to sign these forms electronically.
- Thesis Topic and Committee form (Appendix A)
- Proposal Ready for Review form (Appendix B)
- Thesis Committee's Report on Proposal form (Appendix C)
- Permission to Proceed form (Appendix D)
- Confirmation of Ethics Approval form (Appendix E)
- Arm's-Length form (Appendix Fi)
- Proposed Examiner form (Appendix Fii)
- Thesis Ready for Review form (Appendix G)
- Examiner's Report on Thesis form (Appendix H)
- Thesis Committee's Report on Thesis form (Appendix I)
- Thesis Ready for Final Submission form (Appendix J)
- Recommendation of Thesis (Appendix K)
- License to the University
- Non-Exclusive License to Reproduce Theses
- Exit Survey
The Lakehead University Ethical Review Committee must approve all studies whose research involves human or animal subjects. You may obtain information on how to submit an ethics application by contacting the Office of Research or by visiting our Ethics & Research Integrity page. If you are uncertain whether your study requires ethical approval (e.g. use of archival data), please consult with your Supervisor or the Graduate Coordinator. Ethics approval to proceed must be received before data collection may begin.
Completion of ethical review may take up to three weeks before approval is granted (longer during the summer months, when the committee does not meet regularly). You should complete the oral presentation of your proposal before submitting the ethics proposal. Suggestions may arise following your presentation that may be helpful in modifying your design.
Students are encouraged to publish their findings in scholarly journals and present at conferences.