Principal Qualification Program (PQP) Part I introduces you to the fundamental aspects of leading and managing a school as an administrator. This course involves coursework and the development and approval of your Leadership Practicum Proposal.
PQP Part I is for experienced teachers who have an interest in becoming a school principal.
- A university degree recorded on your Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification
- Qualifications in three (3) divisions, including the Intermediate Division, recorded on your Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification
- Five (5) years of successful teaching experience, certified by a Supervisory Officer
- Two (2) Specialist qualifications or a Master’s degree or one specialist qualification and completion of half of the requirements for a Master’s degree
- Current copy of your Certificate of Qualification
- Completed proof of successful teaching experience form (Available here)