The Faculty of Education is fortunate to have many exemplary instructors whose work has been recognized in a number of different ways over the past years. In an impressive demonstration of the depth of teaching in the Faculty of Education, seven instructors have been nominated by their students for Contribution to Teaching Awards. Unfortunately, some of these outstanding educators are not eligible for the award, as one of the conditions for receiving the award is to have taught at Lakehead for four semesters. This does not detract, however, from the very real achievement of being nominated.
On behalf of the Faculty of Education, congratulations to the seven nominees!
- Melanie Biesenthal - Curriculum & Instruction in Mathematics (Primary-Junior). Melanie recognizes that this nomination is the result of being part of a collaboration with Dr. Alex Lawson and the Primary/Junior Math Team with whom she learns and works so closely.
- Tom Boland - Planning, Evaluation, and Classroom Management; Faculty Advisor
- Jen Farrell-Cordon - Curriculum & Instruction in Social Studies (Primary-Junior)
- Sarah Gibbon - Curriculum & Instruction in Language Arts (Primary-Junior)
- Sherri Lankinen - Planning, Evaluation, and Classroom Management; Curriculum & Instruction in Language Arts (Primary-Junior); The Practice of Inclusive Education (Primary-Junior); Faculty Advisor
- Steven Secord - Critical Digital Literacy; Online Teaching; Planning, Evaluation, and Classroom Management; Curriculum and Instruction in Science and Technology (Primary/Junior); Faculty Advisor
- Brian Weishar - Planning, Evaluation, and Classroom Management; Literacy and Learning in the Intermediate-Senior Curriculum; Faculty Advisor