Updated June 13, 2019
Civil Engineering students will normally select their engineering elective courses from the following list. Not all elective courses in this list will be offered every year. The proposed course offerings for the 2019/2020 academic year are indicated below. They may change depending on timetabling and resource restraints. Engineering elective course descriptions are available in the Lakehead University Calendar.
- ECIV 0135-FA: Bridge Engineering
- ECIV-0112-FA: Computer-integrated Construction Management
- ECIV-0652-FA: Timber and Masonry Design
- ECIV-0336-WA: Special Topics in Civil Engineering - Wind Engineering
- ECIV-0336-WB: Special Topics in Civil Engineering - Prestressed Concrete Structures
- ECIV-0637-WA: Geotechnical Engineering Topics
- ECIV-0233-WA: Structural Design Topics
- ECIV-0510-WA: Rock Engineering 3-0
- ECIV-0235-WA: Water Resources and Hydropower Development
- ECIV-0553-WA: Traffic Engineering
On the advice of the Chair of the Civil Engineering Department students may interchange the position of Complementary Studies Electives and Engineering electives from one term to another in their program to accommodate course selection.