Updated June 13, 2019
Chemical Engineering students will normally select their engineering elective courses from the following list. Not all elective courses in this list will be offered every year. Engineering elective course descriptions are available in the Lakehead University Calendar.
- ECHE 0334FA - Special Topics in Chemical Engineering (Chemical Process Simulation) (available Fall 2019. To be taken concurrently with ECHE 4432 Chemical Plant Design)
- ECHE 0334WA - Special Topics in Chemical Engineering (Bioenergy and Biorefining Processes) (available Winter2020)
- ECHE 0335 - Air Pollution Control Methods and Analysis
- ECHE 0339 - Process Optimization (available Winter2020)
- ECHE 0631 - Bioprocess Engineering
- ECHE 0653 - Fundamentals of Petroleum Recovery
- ECHE 0671 – Pulp and Paper Manufacture
- ECHE 0673 – Biological Treatment Processes (available Fall 2019)
- ECHE 0674 – Design and Analysis of Experiments
- ECHE 0676 – Mineral Processing
NOTE: ECHE 0657 FA Energy Conversion Engineering may be available as a Chemical Engineering elective with permission of the Chair of the Chemical Engineering Department. You must consult and receive permission from the Chair of Chemical Engineering prior to registration.
On the advice of the Chair of the Chemical Engineering Department students may interchange the position of Complementary Studies Electives and Engineering electives from one year to another in their program to accommodate course selection.