In light of the announcement that our current Principal, Orillia campus, Dr. Kim Fedderson, will be stepping down and retiring from his role in June 2017, I have begun the process of searching for our next Principal.
This page contains information about the search that is expected to end in early 2017.
Search Committee Members
- Board of Governors representative — Mr. Bruce Waite
- Vice-Presidents' representative — Dr. Moira McPherson (Provost & V-P, Academic)
- Senate representative — Dr. Carney Matheson (Chair/Professor, Anthropology)
- Dean representative — Dr. David Barnett (Dean, Faculty of Engineering)
- Lakehead University Student Union representative — Ms. Sami Pritchard (LUSU V-P, Orillia)
- Staff representative — Ms. Julie Howell (Education Programs Officer, Faculty of Education)
- Orillia Community representative — Mr. Ron Douglas (Rama First Nation Councillor)
- Human Resources, Equity — Mr. Jason Marchand (Associate V-P, Human Resources)
- Mrs. Rosanna Scaffeo (Executive Assistant to the President)
Search Committee's Meeting Schedule
- Tuesday, October 18, 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Thursday, November 17, 9:00am – 10:30am
University Community Input
On October 4, 2016, a Communications Bulletin was sent from the Office of the President to the University community inviting confidential input into the role of Principal, Orillia campus, as well as names of potential candidates for the position. Deadline for comments is November 15, 2016.
Invitation for Applications (Internal Search)
On October 19, 2016 — the day following the Search Committee's initial meeting — a Communications Bulletin was sent from the Office of the President inviting members of the University community to apply for the position of Principal, Orillia Campus. The employment opportunity posting was linked to the invitation. Deadline for applications is November 15, 2016, at 12:00pm.