Lakehead University, Thunder Bay and Orillia Campuses
September 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021
Terms & Conditions of First-Year Tuition Prize:
In order to be eligible to win the First-Year Tuition prize, you must meet the following:
- There are several ways to enter the contest:
- Register for and attend any Lakehead International Live webinar in the qualifying contest period: September 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021
- Register for and attend any Lakehead University Virtual Open House Event
- Register for and attend an individual virtual meeting booked with an international recruiter using the on-line booking reservation system (maximum of 4 entries from this category)
- Provide your contact information to a Lakehead University recruiter via a QR scan or our digital inquiry form
- Register using your full mailing address for information from Lakehead University through the Lakehead University Virtual Tour
- Register for and attend any virtual Applicant Reception event (Spring 2021)
For exact event dates and times and how to register for qualifying events, please visit our website.
- Eligible participants receive one (1) entry for every eligible event that they register and attend in during the contest period, September 1, 2020 through to May 31, 2021, and are not restricted to the number of events they register for and attend. A maximum of 4 entries will be eligible for the individual virtual meetings with an international recruiter category.
- The winner will be selected by random draw on Thursday June 3, 2021, in the offices of International Enrolment, Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON. The selected entrant will be contacted by email within ten (10) days of the draw date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within that time frame, or does not comply with the Official Contest Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entry will be selected. Lakehead University is not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for Lakehead University to receive a selected potential winner's response.
- The prize is not transferable to another individual nor is it transferable between years.
- The winner must be admitted to Lakehead University and register as a full-time, first-year undergraduate or graduate student for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- The total prize value will not exceed the value of free tuition for the first year of the student's registered program and will not exceed $32,000 CAD. Books, ancillary fees, residence fees, meal plans, transportation, insurance, supplies and any other non-tuition related fees are not eligible.
- There is no cash refund associated with the prize.
- The prize cannot be held in conjunction with a Lakehead University scholarship.
- If the winner withdraws or drops to part-time status prior to November 1, 2021, the full value of the prize will be rescinded. If the student withdraws or drops to part-time status prior to the end of their first year of study, any remaining prize installments will be rescinded.
- The prize will be applied to the student's statement of account at Lakehead University, and will be paid in a series of installments: 1) if the winner is an undergraduate student, the prize will be divided and paid in two installments: Fall 2021 Installment 1, Winter 2022 Installment 2; 2) if the winner is a graduate student, the prize will be divided and paid in three installments: Fall 2021 Installment 1, Winter 2022 Installment 2, Spring/Summer 2022 Installment 3.
- Lakehead University reserves the right to publish the name and photograph of the winner.
- Lakehead University reserves the right to modify the terms & conditions of this prize without prior notice.
NOTICE OF COLLECTION:
Personal information in connection with the contest is collected under the authority of Lakehead University and will be used for the administration of this contest. If you have any questions about the collection of personal information for Lakehead University, please contact:
International Enrolment, Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 1E1, or email email@example.com or call 1-800-465-3959