Before signing up as a Peer Mentor, you must meet these requirements:
- You must have attended Lakehead University for at least two academic semesters.
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at Lakehead University.
- You must be able to meet the minimum time requirements throughout the entire semester which includes training, communication and event attendance (as described under "Mentors' Roles" found here). Activities will be scheduled at mutually agreeable times.
- You must not be a Lakehead International Student Assistant (ELC, ISS, IR and IE).
- You must have the responsibility to provide academic guidance and social support for all new international students (including transfer and exchange students) according to their academic level (undergraduate or graduate).
- You must demonstrate a high achievement in academics as evident through your most recent transcript.
NOTE: This a a volunteer position. Based on your performance and feedback from Mentees you will be considered being awarded an honorarium at the end of the semester.