March Break Open House - Thunder Bay
- Date: March 11, 2019 to March 13, 2019
- Location: Lakehead University - Thunder Bay Campus
- Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Calling all FUTURE THUNDERWOLVES!! Join us for March Break Open House and gear up to join the pack!
Come check out Lakehead University during our March Break Open House taking place daily March 11th, 12th and 13th from 9:00am - 4:30pm.
This event is open to ALL - incoming high school graduates, college or university transfer students and mature students!
Find out what it is like to be a student at Lakehead. Check out what's happening here:
Starting Point: Agora - Lakehead University, 955 Oliver Rd. Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5E1 (google map link)
Campus Tours daily from 9:00 am - 10:30 am and 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm (approximately 1.5 hrs in length)
Residence Tours daily from 10:30am - 11:00am & 2:30pm - 3:00pm
- Please note all campus tours end in residence where the residence tour will then start, if you are looking for only a residence tour please meet in the Agora 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Student Central Coffee Circle daily at 9:00am / 11:00am / 1:00pm / 3:00pm
- Head on over to Student Central, grab a coffee and have a seat with one of our Student Central Professionals while they help guide you through the exciting topic of admissions and student awards and financial aid. If you are looking to speak with a Student Central Professional please be sure to bring one piece of government issued photo id.
Drop In Class Times daily throughout the day - Full Schedule Here
- You can also sit in an actual university class and interact with current students from your program of interest. Lecture and class offering will be available in mid to late January - check back for further details (please note the topics offered may not be directly related to your program of interest but attending will provide you with a great opportunity to sit in a university class)
City Bus Tour daily from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Sign up in the Agora at the welcome desk for your opportunity to "Experience Thunder Bay" (Link to the experience Thunder Bay website). Enjoy a ride around the beautiful streets of Thunder Bay and check out some of our local favourites and see the best view of the Sleeping Giant in town!
Learn more about the ways we support our students and services available on campus through exploring some of our fantastic services on campus. Services to check out and talk to about how to make your Lakehead experience exceptional and unconventional may include -
- Student Accessibility Services - learn about services available to students with a permanent or temporary disability and/or medical conditions.
- Student Success Centre - Learn about the many SSC services for student including free tutoring, academic workshops, leadership programs, co-curricular records, career development and exploration, orientation and more.
- Aboriginal Initiatives - At Lakehead’s Thunder Bay campus, the Aboriginal student community is growing and so are our programming and services. Learn more about the various events, activities, volunteer and employment resources available for all students.
- Athletics and Campus Recreation -At Lakehead Thunder Bay, students enjoy several ways to engage and stay active throughout the year. Find out more about joining an intramural sport, competitive team, or what your all access pass to the athletic facility includes
- Health and Wellness - Lakehead Thunder Bay is committed to the health and well-being of our students. Our Wellness Centre offers personal counselling, nurse practitioner, and naturopathic doctor services, and takes part in health promotion events throughout the year.
- International - There are many ways to integrate global experience into your university education, but none is better than travelling and studying in another country. Lakehead University welcomes one- or two-semester visiting students from outside of Canada and from our many partner institutions around the world.
- Engineering: Women in Engineering Social - Join us for a social for young women interested in learning about the exciting world of Engineering. Meet current engineering students, see engineering labs and discover the wide range of the undergraduate programs available in engineering and career options for graduates of the program. Please visit us on Tuesday, March 12th from 3:00PM-4:30PM (location TBD)
Open your world and register today! Prizes drawn each day for students who attend!