Written Assignments & Marks Records: Retention of
Read the full policy on Written Assignments & Marks Records: Retention of
Test or Assignments in Last Week of Classes
- In all courses instructors must not give any form of test other than laboratory and drafting tests in the last five days of classes in each term.
- In all courses instructors must not give any form of test, exam or assignment during the study period from the end of classes to the beginning of the formal examination period in each term as specified in the academic schedule published in the Calendar.
Students' Right To View Final Examinations
Read the full policy on Students' Right To View Final Examinations
Reappraisal and Academic Appeals
Senate Policy Regarding Academic Appeals
Lakehead University is committed to the fair and expeditious handling of all academic appeals. The Senate Policy Regarding Academic Appeals is intended to ensure that students are treated fairly with regard to academic appeals.Read the full policy on Reappraisal and Academic Appeals
- Senate accept the revised examination regulations;
- Senate accept the examination procedures for the Chief Invigilator for examinations held in the Fieldhouse;
- Senate accept the examination procedures for the Invigilator; and,
- the examination regulations be published in the 1986/87 Calendar.
LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION REGULATIONSRead the full policy on Examinations: Invigilation
Examinations: Retention of
Resolved that final exams be retained for one year following the date of the examination in a secure, accessible, on-campus location.
This policy applies to all instructors. Contract lecturers and those retiring or otherwise leaving the service of the University must notify their immediate supervisor of the on-campus storage location of the examinations.
Also see Policy - Students' Right to View Final Examinations
Examinations: Past Finals (Available to Students)
Resolved that Senate approve the following recommendations of the Ad Hoc Committee:
that Lakehead University continue to make past final examinations available to students. All final undergraduate examinations will be in the Library unless they are exempted by 1 or 2 below:
Examinations Cancellation Contingency Plan
Examinations - Frequency
Resolved that no student be required to write three examinations on one day.
Read the full policy on Examinations - Frequency
Credits, Transferability of Course Credit
- Acceptance of transfer credits among Ontario universities shall be based on the recognition that, while learning experiences may differ in a variety of ways, their substance may be virtually equivalent in terms of their content and rigour. Insofar as possible, acceptance of transfer should allow for maximum recognition of previous learning experience in university-level courses.
- Subject to degree, grade and program requirements, any course offered for credit by another Ontario university when there is essential equivalency in course content.
Credit Assessment for the Association of Biblical Higher Education Accredited Institutions
Read the full policy on Aegrotat Standing