Lakehead University Library is your partner in research, teaching and learning. Our collection and services are available across five Lakehead Library locations and our Archives, providing you with information and support where and when you need it.
Our collections are available through:
- Omni, our main academic search tool. Omni allows you to search both our physical and electronic holdings as well as the print holdings of our Omni partner libraries.
- Our database and journal lists.
- Interlibrary loan (RACER) for physical items not available at any of the Omni partner libraries and all electronic resource requests.
To support you and your students, we offer:
- Research workshops and instruction: Liaison librarians are available to design and deliver information literacy sessions for your students. Common topics for these sessions include: evaluating information sources, creating effective search strategies for finding scholarly research and using citation managers (like Zotero). Librarians also offer workshops and information sessions on research topics including research data management, web and social media archiving, research impact metrics, and systematic/scoping reviews.
- Customized library research guides: Guides that provide helpful links and resources based on your course content/assignments or your research needs. Our current subject, course and topic guides are available for you to browse. To request a customized Library Guide, please contact your liaison librarian.
- myReadings: Making course readings accessible to students is our priority. The library’s myReadings tool allows you to directly link to library resources from your myCourselink site.
- Advice and support for Research data management, scholarly communication, copyright and more.
- Archiving of dissertations and theses, journal articles and other scholarly output files in the Knowledge Commons, Lakehead’s institutional repository.
- One-on-one research consultations and virtual research chat services.
Library Contact Information
If you have any questions about library services and resources, please contact your liaison librarian.
The Chancellor Paterson Library
Interlibrary Loan: (807) 343-8010 ext. 8135
Services Desk: (807) 343-8225
The Education Library
Phone: (807) 343-8718
The Orillia Campus Library
Phone: (705) 330-4010 ext. 2250
The Law Library
Phone: (807) 343-8010 ext. 7830
Robin Canuel, University Librarian
Phone: (807) 343-8010 ext. 8205