The Staff Information Form is a hard copy form available from the HR office to be used for hiring employees, terminating, wage increases, and processing position changes.
How to complete the Staff Information Form:
- Enter the start and end date of the position (YYYY/MM/DD)
- Enter the first and last name of the employee
- Enter the current address (the place where correspondence should be sent)
- Enter the employee's birthdate, and SIN
- Enter the name of the hiring department
- Enter the employee’s position title
- Rate of pay (minimum wage) (see union information)
- Method of pay (if hourly select “yes” for “Time Cards will be submitted”)
- Include the budget code
- Include the eligibility to work in Canada and expiry date if applicable
- Indicate the vacation pay - choose between the following 2 options. This will depend on your budget and how much you want to pay the employee.
- 4% in addition to the quoted rate of pay
- Vacation pay to be included in quoted rate
- Indicate if the employee is currently registered at Lakehead University as a student?
- If yes, indicate the year they are currently enrolled in. Options include 1,2,3,4,5 (professional year), Masters,or PHD.
- If hourly, indicate the primary and alternate time card approvers in the Remarks box.
- Include signature of the budgetary approver (must be an original signature)
- Include the signature of the employee. This can be on a scanned version.
Note: If required forms do not accompany a Staff Information Form it will be sent back to the submitting department for completion, which could cause delays in employee set up and pay.
*If current banking and tax forms are on file there is no requirement to resubmit. Please make note of this information in the “Remarks” portion of the form.