Updated March 25, 2020
The Employee Information Form (EIF) is used for hiring employees, terminating, wage increases, and processing position and job title changes. Effective March 25, 2020, the EIF has been converted to a PDF fillable form and is available on the Human Resources website (here). During this time, hard copy forms may still be submitted for processing by emailing scanned completed forms to email@example.com. Please note that the Office of Human Resources is currently closed and therefore not accepting hard copy forms via drop-off or interdepartmental mail. Please find below instructions for completing the EIF and submitting to Human Resources for processing.
Completing the Employee Information Form
Enter the following information as it pertains to the employee:
- Date form prepared (YYYY/MM/DD)
- Start and end date of the position (YYYY/MM/DD)
- Surname (last) and given name (first)
- Current address
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Name of the hiring department
- Position title
- Rate of pay
- Method of pay
- Complete 17-digit budget code MUST be included
- Include the eligibility to work in Canada and expiry date if applicable (a copy of the study/work permit must accompany the EIF)
- Indicate the vacation pay - choose between the following 2 options:
- 4% in addition to the quoted rate of pay
- Vacation pay to be included in quoted rate
- Indicate if the employee is currently registered at Lakehead University as a student.
- If yes, indicate the year they are currently enrolled in. Options include: 1,2,3,4, Masters, or PHD.
- If hourly, indicate the primary and alternate time card approvers
- Include signature of the budgetary approver (Electronic/digital signature or email approval is acceptable)
- Include the signature of the employee (Electronic/digital signature or email approval is acceptable)
- if hourly, select “yes” for “Time Cards will be submitted”
- if salary, include regular work schedule (i.e. 35 hours/week) in the Remarks section
Approvals and Submitting Completed Forms
- EIFs must include an original/electronic/digital signature or emailed approval of the employee and the appropriate signing authority.
- Once both signatures/approvals are obtained, forward the entire email approval thread (if applicable) and PDF fillable or scanned copy of the EIF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require assistance completing a form, please contact Barb Hayward at email@example.com.
Hiring Package Contents:
Note: Please submit a complete hiring package along with the Employee Information Form via email. If required documents are missing, processing delays may be experienced.
*If current banking and tax forms are on file there is no requirement to resubmit. Please make note of this information in the “Remarks” portion of the form.