Updated March 18, 2022
The Employee Information Form (EIF) is used for hiring employees, terminating, wage increases, and processing position and job title changes. Effective March 25, 2020, the EIF has been converted to a PDF fillable form and is available on the Human Resources website (here). Scanned and paper forms are no longer being accepted. Please find below instructions for completing the EIF and submitting to Human Resources for processing. Instructions for submitting completed forms to Human Resources can be found here.
Completing the Employee Information Form
Enter the following information as it pertains to the employee:
- Date form prepared (YYYY/MM/DD)
- Start and end date of the position (YYYY/MM/DD)
- ID Number (If the hire is a student or a previous student/employee)
- Surname (last) and given name (first)
- Current address
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) - If the SIN starts with a '9', the employee’s Study/Work Permit is also required
- Name of the hiring department
- Position title
- Rate of pay
- Method of pay
- Complete 17-digit budget code MUST be included
- Indicate the vacation pay - choose between the following 2 options:
- 4% in addition to the quoted rate of pay
- Vacation pay to be included in quoted rate
- If paid hourly, select 'yes' for "Time Cards will be submitted"
- If salaried, include regular work schedule (i.e. 35 hours per week) in the Remarks section
- Indicate if the employee is currently registered at Lakehead University as a student.
- If yes, indicate the year they are currently enrolled in. Options include: 1,2,3,4, Masters, or PHD.
- If hourly, indicate the primary and alternate time card approvers
- Include signature of the budgetary approver
- Include the signature of the employee
Approvals and Submitting Completed Forms
- EIFs must include an original/electronic/digital signature or emailed approval of the employee
- The budgetary approver must also approve the EIF via email using the appropriate approval statement (i.e. I approve the attached EIF for [employee name])
- Once both signatures/approvals are obtained, forward the entire email approval thread (if applicable) and the PDF fillable EIF to email@example.com
- Do not submit multiple forms in one PDF attachment
- Physical hard copy forms and/or scanned hard copy forms will not be accepted. Please only use the PDF fillable form.
- If you require assistance completing a form, please contact Amy Osmulski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring Package Contents:
Note: Please submit a complete hiring package along with the Employee Information Form via email. If required documents are missing, processing delays may be experienced.
*If current banking and tax forms are on file there is no requirement to resubmit. Please make note of this information in the “Remarks” portion of the form.