Coordinator of Programs and Initiatives
Department of Athletics
Full Time, Permanent
Lakehead University, Department of Athletics is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join their team as the Coordinator of Programs and Initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Manager of Operations and Client Services, this position will be responsible for the coordination and management of all youth, campus recreation and outreach programs. A full job fact sheet can be obtained by contacting Human Resources.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management, planning and promotion of children and youth programs including varsity camps, campus recreation programs, ActiveU camps/birthdays while building and maintaining strong program partnerships with school boards and outreach programs. The incumbent will be responsible for the supervision of staff in the various program areas, monitoring of budgets, record keeping, developing contracts for facility use for community partners and responsible to ensure that staff and program areas are operating in accordance with established policies, protocols and relevant legislation. As a team player, you will require excellent communications skills in order to coordinate activities involving multiple parties and will be required to assist the Manager of Operations and Client Services with other related duties as may be required.
- Undergraduate degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Recreation or other related field;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field;
- Experience organizing, facilitating, developing and evaluating multiple youth-related programs while managing budgets, ensuring positive revenue growth;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent customer service knowledge and experience;
- Experience working with programs such as excel, word, and power point;
- Experience supervising campus recreation, fitness and intermural programs preferred;
- Experience supervising personnel and participants;
- Ability to work independently and lead a growing program is required;
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changing priorities, situations and demands;
- First Aid & CPR Level C Training.
Review of applicants to commence August 30, 2017.
This position will remain open until filled.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a single pdf document that includes a cover letter, resume, along with name, address, telephone and e-mail addresses of three current professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Lakehead University is committed to an environment of open access to employment opportunities. Accommodations are available for all applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources. We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.