Department of Health Sciences
Salary $48,291.38 to $60,363.96
Reporting to the Department Chair, the incumbent will coordinate the Practicum Placement process for the Master of Public Health (MPH) candidates and provide administrative support to the Chair and Department to facilitate daily operations as needed. The following is a brief outline of the responsibilities.
- Determine student eligibility for practicum placements;
- Liaise with students during the practicum planning phase, including provision of necessary documents and forms;
- Research and solicit practicum placements;
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with agency partners;
- Liaise with host agencies to finalize placement arrangements;
- Coordinate and oversee administrative details to ensure start-up of placement; including the initiation and monitoring of required documents; eg, affiliation agreements, WSIB; etc
- Ensure timely submission of placement forms by students throughout the placement for review by Academic Advisor Update practicum-related information, documents, and materials;
- Write material for posters, brochures, recruitment letters, practicum letters;
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Chair and Department of Health Sciences to facilitate daily operations as needed;
- Respond to ongoing and frequent inquiries from active students and host agencies; refer as necessary to Graduate Coordinators or Department Chair;
- Respond to inquiries as required and direct inquiries as necessary;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary education at the university or college level required;
- Experience with student placements an asset;
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures an asset.
- Initiative and judgment skills to ensure matters are addressed accurately and appropriately;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to interact with students, staff, faculty, the public, and organizations, exercising diplomacy and discretion;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Ability to work and handle matters in a confidential manner;
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to multi-task a variety of high priority duties and work under the pressure of deadlines;
- Proficiency with PCs, general website maintenance, and various office programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Please forward a single pdf file that includes cover letter and resume, and contact information for at least three references.The position will remain open until filled; review of applications is ongoing.
Office of Human Resources
Fax: (807) 346-7701
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Lakehead University is committed to an environment of open access to employment opportunities. Accommodations are available for all applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at (807) 343-8334. We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.