- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
RESIDENCE CHECK-IN 2017-2018
STARTS THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2017
Residence Check-In begins at 8:00am on Thursday, August 31, 2017.
Early arrivals will only be permitted with the authorization of the Residence Administration Office. ALL approved early arrivals will be assessed applicable room and/or board charges. To avoid the disappointment of being turned away, please do not plan to arrive before Thursday, August 31, 2017.
When Can I Move In?
CHECK IN HOURS:
- Thursday, August 31 - 8 am to 2 am
- Friday, September 1 - 8 am to 2 am
- Saturday, September 2 - 8 am to 2 am
- Sunday, September 3 - 8 am to 2 am
- Monday, September 4 - 8 am to 2 am
- Tuesday, September 5 - 8 am to 12 midnight
Regular Residence Front Desk Hours begin Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Monday to Friday - 8am to midnight
- Saturday and Sunday - 12 noon to midnight
*Please note: Students have until 4:00pm on September 5th to move into their Residence rooms. If you plan to arrive after 4:00pm on September 5th, please email email@example.com with your arrival date.
Where Does Check-In Take Place?
All students check-in at Bartley Residence.
How Do I Find Lakehead University & Bartley Residence?
If you are driving...
Follow Hwy 17 coming from both the east and west. This will turn into Hwy 11/17 close to Thunder Bay
- Turn left onto Oliver Road if coming from the east or turn right onto Oliver Road if coming from the west
- Follow Oliver Road to Campus Entrance (Lakehead University Drive North)
- Turn right into Lakehead University
- Follow the signs leading you to Bartley Residence
- Please park your car in Lot 16
- Go into Bartley Residence
If you are flying...
If you are flying to Thunder Bay, it is best to take a taxi to the University. Ask the taxi driver to take you to Bartley Residence.
How Do I Check In?
- First things first...
- Once inside Bartley Residence you will be able to pick up your keys. You will need to show photo identification.
- You will be given your student ID card (if pre-ordered) and laundry card.
- After signing for your keys you will be given directions to your residence room.
- You are free to move in! Please follow staff instructions for unloading your vehicle.
- Students with Vehicles...
- All vehicles parked at Lakehead University (including Residence) must display a valid parking permit or daily parking pass. Permits are now on sale through Security Services. Click here for parking and permit information.
- Students with vehicles are required to register their vehicle information with the Residence Office. Please have license plate number, colour and make of vehicle information ready at time of check-in.
- What about my bicycle?
- At check-in please have your bicycle make/model, colour and serial number available. You will be given a key to your bicycle storage building.
Apartment and Townhouse Residents
Please note that each student is assigned to a specific bedroom. You must check into this bedroom. You cannot change bedrooms with your apartment or townhouse roommates. This is considered an unauthorized room change and a Residence "no-no".
When You Get to Your Room
- Inventory Form
- All students are required to fill in a room inventory form when they check in. The purpose of this form is to ensure that the student is not held responsible for any defects present in the room prior to occupancy. Your Resident Assistant will assist you in completing the room inventory form.
- Please note that any damage beyond normal wear and tear in the room will be charged to you after checking out.
Lakehead University Student Photo ID (if you did not preorder your ID card)
- Smile for the camera
- All Residence students are required to have a Lakehead University Student ID Photo ID card. For students in the Residence Halls the Photo ID card is also your meal card. All students are required to show their Photo ID card when picking up parcels, other deliveries, signing out items from the Residence Front Desk and for Security reasons.
- Students may obtain their Photo ID cards at the Chancellor Patterson Library. Click here for more information.
- Please note that it may take a bit of time to get your student card as there may be long line ups....it may be best to go first thing in the morning.
Photo ID Hours:
- Thursday, August 31 and Friday, September 1 - 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 2 - NO STUDENT CARDS
- Sunday, September 3 - NO STUDENT CARDS
- Monday, September 4 - NO STUDENT CARDS
- Tuesday, September 5 to Friday, September 8 - 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Activate your Meal Plan (Residence Halls Students ONLY)
- Once you have your Photo ID card...activate your Residence Meal Plan. Go to the Aramark Office (UC 1027C) and an Aramark staff member will assist you with this.
Guests During Check-In
Please note that overnight guests are not permitted during the Residence Move-In/Orientation period.
You are all checked in!!! Relax and enjoy Orientation!!! We wish the best of luck with your classes!!!