First time card holders may apply in advance for a Student Card. Submit an application in accordance with the instructions provided below and we'll notify you when your Card is ready for pick up (verified Distance Education students will have their Card mailed directly to them).
At this time, we are only able to accept online applications under the following conditions:
- Your online Student Card application is received by Monday, August 26, 2019.
- You are a new Thunder Bay campus student obtaining your first Student Card.
- You have registered for classes at least 24 hours before submitting your application.
- You are able to pick-up your Student Card in person (unless you are a Distance Education student).
- You have followed all application instructions accurately.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
All you need to do is read and follow all instructions, then login to the form located at the bottom of this page. We will then review your submission and let you know whether your application was approved or rejected. If approved, we'll let you know when your Card will be ready for pick up. Production time is anywhere from 1 to 5 business days depending on traffic.
When you come to pick up your Card, you must provide photo identification such as, Driver’s License, Passport or Canadian government issued document with your picture ID and name information on the document.
WHAT ARE THE PHOTO REQUIREMENTS?
For advanced Card production we need you to submit a photo of yourself to us. Please ensure that your photo meets ALL of the following specifications:
- You must provide a passport style photo (smiling allowed).
- Your photo must reflect your current appearance.
- Your face must be fully and clearly visible (no sunglasses or hats).
- Your photo must be centered and taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera.
- Your photo must have uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- Your photo must be clear, sharp and in focus.
- Your photo must be in colour with a uniform white background.
- Your photo must not be digitally altered (cropping and resizing is acceptable).
- Your photo must be in JPEG format with a minimum image size of 300 pixels high x 240 pixels wide.
- Your image file must be no larger than 2MB.
We will ask you to resubmit an application or insist you get your card produced in person if your photo does not meet all of these requirements. If we need to produce another card for you at the time of pick-up (e.g. your picture did not reflect your current appearance) we may charge you a $15.00 replacement fee.
If you have any questions about these requirements please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Thank you for reading and understanding all of the above requirements. Please login to myInfo to begin.
Important Note: Deadline for online Student Card applications is Monday, August 26, 2019. After August 26, please visit the Services Desk in the Chancellor Paterson Library.