Living in residence is a huge part of your life as a Lakehead student. From your very first day, you will meet new people from all around the world and start establishing friendships that will last a lifetime. Welcome to your new home away from home.
Residence living has many benefits for you to consider – one of the most important being students that live in residence perform better academically!
Here are a few others:
- Higher likelihood of graduation
- Safe and clean furnished room
- Convenience to campus and classes
- Abundance of on-campus support and services
- Personal development and identity is enhanced and supported
- Programming, events and supports within Residence
Living in residence provides you with a support system that will help guide you through the transition to University life.
Residence Living Information
Residence spaces are still available for 2020-2021.
Explore the different types of residence options offered at both of our campuses:
1) To assist students who applying for Residence Housing for the 2020-2021 academic year, Lakehead Residence will not be requiring a $500 down payment with the Application/Contract.
2) Admission to Residence is guaranteed to all high school students provided they are admitted to Lakehead University by June 1, 2020.
Meal Plan Information
Our Thunder Bay Residence has a mandatory meal plan for first year students living in Residence Halls, and an optional meal plan for students living in Townhouses or Apartments.
Our Orillia Residence has a mandatory meal plan, however, students can choose from one of two different options.
If you are looking at off-campus living options, apartments to rent are close by – often only a few minutes from campus. Check out the Off-Campus Housing list to explore different housing accommodations within the City of Thunder Bay and City of Orillia.