Now offered at Lakehead University!
The MN (PHCNP) is designed for students interested in the opportunity to prepare for advanced practice in primary health care nursing.
Length of Program
2 years full-time or 3 years part-time
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with minimum overall average equivalent to B calculated over core courses
- Registration (or registration eligibility) as RN with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Malpractice insurance
- Undergraduate courses in research methods & statistics
- Equivalent of 2 years of full-time RN practice within past 5 years
- Two academic letters of reference; One clinical letter of reference
- Completion of personal essay questions
Method of Completion
- Course work; project
- Program combines self-directed learning online, in-person classes and clinical placements. All in-person courses are offered onsite at Lakehead University.
Clinical placements and the final clinical course practicum typically occur within Thunder Bay and communities within an hour's drive. As students are responsible for transportation to and from clinical placements, a vehicle will be necessary. Students who travel to remote or rural areas for clinical placements are eligible for travel and accommodation reimbursement.
Key Dates & Deadlines
March 1 or until seats are filled. Applications are made through Queen’s University School of Graduate Studies website http://www.queensu.ca/sgs/home
Notification of Acceptance:
Mid-April to early May
For more information, please visit http://nursing.queensu.ca/graduate/master_of_nursing_mn_phcnp_