The conference was a great success. Thank you to all who attended for your support of this engaging day of discussion and sharing of perspectives. Please see the links below for video recordings of each of the three panel presentations.
Sustainable Resource Development: Possibility or Pipe Dream?
Moderated by Dr. Pete Hollings, Geology Dept, Lakehead University; and Director, CESME
- Janet Sumner, Executive Director, CPAWS Wildlands League
- Glenn Nolan, Vice President, Aboriginal Affairs, Noront Resources
- Jason MacLean, Assistant Professor, Bora Laskin Faculty of Law
Duty to Consult: A Regional Approach?
Moderated by Prof. Jason MacLean, Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, Lakehead University
- Bryce Edwards, Negotiator for Matawa First Nations, Partner at OKT LLP
- David de Launay, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Northern Development and Mines
- Dr. David Good, Department of Earth Sciences, Western University
Moderated by Leslie de Meulles, 2L Student & LSS President, Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, Lakehead University
- Anna Betty Achneepineskum, Deputy Grand Chief, Nishnawbe Aski Nation
- Dr. Stuart Kirsch, Professor of Anthropology, University of Michigan
- Kyle Stanfield, Director of Environment & Sustainability, New Gold Inc.