We suggest that all students in the Master of Public Health Program with Specialization in Epidemiology program (course option) complete the following. The plan described below may not necessarily be offered in this order.
• Standard Full-time students must complete all requirements within 6 terms (2 years)
• Flexible Full-time students must complete all requirements within 12 terms (4 years)
For detailed information about each course, see our University Calendar.
- HESC 5010: Foundations of Public and Population Health
- HESC 5013: Social and Ecological Determinants of Health
- HESC 5070: Epidemiology I
- HESC 5030: Biostatistics
- HESC 5210: Health Promotion and Illness Prevention
- HESC 5213: Environmental and Occupational Public Health
- HESC 5270: Epidemiology II
- HESC 5510: Program Planning and Evaluation
- HESC 5751: Data Management and Analysis
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
The following electives are normally offered in Fall/Winter and are recommended if available.
- HESC 5330: Critical Appraisal
- HESC 5370: Field Epidemiology
- HESC 5410: Survey Methods