We Exceed Your Expectations
Professional development courses are an important part of your development as a teacher and lifelong learner. We understand that when it comes to taking professional development courses or workshops, you have options.
Lakehead University is one of the best options for professional development in education; our passion, experience, and expertise sets us apart from other choices.
The following section highlights why choosing Lakehead as you source for professional development in education is the right choice.
- Flexible course delivery – many courses are available online allowing you to complete them on your schedule
- Supportive, highly successfully instructors who continue to develop their own professional development – our instructors are at the forefront of pedagogical studies
- All courses and workshops include up-to-date content, resources, and technologies
- All additional qualification courses are accredited by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
- Lakehead University awards university credits (1 FCE) for all additional qualification courses (besides PQP)
- We constantly review and update our courses to ensure that they meet your needs as well as the needs of your students
We are here to Support You
We believe that providing you with quality instructors and excellent courses is only part of the professional development process.
We recognize that students need academic, administrative, and technical support to be successful. At Lakehead, we provide you with the necessary support to help you complete your professional development experience.
We provide professional development students with the following support:
- Access to Lakehead University’s Library and Education library
- Experts that can help you during your program, course, or workshop
- Passionate instructors that help you during your professional development experience
- Experts that will help you with any technical difficulties (Continuing Education & Distributed Learning)