Please read the Traffic and Parking Policy.
Parking Options – 2017/2018 Fall/Winter Term
On Campus Parking & Rates
- Limited spots: first come, first served.
- Carpool* permit: 28 spots are reserved for carpooling (two or more occupants) Monday to Friday from 8 am – 10 am
- TWO semesters (school term) = $320
- Annual = $480
- Spring/Summer Classes = $40
- Day Rate: $5.00/day (Pay & Display)
Pay & Display Parking is $5/day
Carpooling: As a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) campus, Lakehead University actively promotes the use of public transit (U-Pass program for students) and carpooling. Lakehead University Orillia is a partner of Carpool Canada and we encourage ride sharing whenever possible. You can seek and offer rides online at www.carpool.ca.
Off-Campus – Discount Rates!
Permit Parking at Rotary Place, 100 University Avenue
- 10-minute walk from campus
- Designated Lakehead University spots
- Discount Rates:
- TWO semesters (school term) = $200
How to Purchase Parking Permits
- Parking permits for Fall/Winter will on sale as of Monday, August 28 at 12 noon. Please check your Lakehead email and the Communications Bulletin for notices.
- Parking permits are sold on a first-come, first served basis.
- Register for a parking permit by clicking here.
Note: a user account must be created. When you log-in, instructions and prompts will be provided for the service(s) you require.
- Payment Options:
- Pay online with Visa or MasterCard
- Pay by Visa, MasterCard, debit, cash or cheque (payable to Lakehead University) or money order in person at the Security Office (Simcoe Hall, 500 University Avenue)
Parking Fines & Appeals
- Parking rates are in effect Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Note: Parking permits will not be issued to anyone with outstanding parking fines.
- Two or more unpaid parking fines will result in the vehicle being towed off campus at the owner/operator’s expense.
- To appeal a parking fine, click here.
Lakehead University is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any vehicle or its contents, however caused, while the vehicle is operated or parked on University property.
Parking – Downtown (Heritage Place) location
Education Students – Student parking is not available at the downtown campus. To obtain permits for City lots, please visit the City of Orillia, 50 Andrew Street South (first floor), Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. For details and parking lot locations, click here.
Note: Parking lot #6 on the “Map of Municipal Parking Lots” is adjacent to the downtown campus.
Visit www.carpool.ca to get matched with others who want to carpool to campus.
City and Regional Transit
Orillia City Transit
All full-time undergraduate students have access to Orillia City Transit, which operates 7 days a week. Please get your City Transit sticker through LUSU in order to access buses by showing your Lakehead University Student Card.
Hammond Transportation is one of Ontario’s premier family-owned school bus, charter bus and motor coach operators. Lakehead University Orillia and Hammond Transportation have partnered to offer extended service into the 500 University Avenue Campus. For details and schedules, click here.
Bus service from Toronto to Barrie and Orillia. Students are eligible for a discounted fare. Please check online for schedules and fares.
Although GO Transit does not provide direct access from Barrie to Orillia, they do have train and bus services from Toronto to Barrie, which can connect to Northland and Hammond transportation. Check schedules and fares here.
City Taxi Services
43 Mississauga St E, Orillia ON · 705-325-0632
ALL CANADIAN TAXI
49 Colborne St E, Orillia ON · 705-327-3272
10B Kitchener, Orillia · 705-325-8888