Here at Lakehead Orillia we use "Blazecast" to notify you of campus emergency situations or last-minute weather updates (e.g. exam or class cancellation).
Example of a Blazecast notification
"Currently snow squall warnings are in effect throughout the region. Please take precautions if you need to travel and try to avoid travelling after dark. If you have any concerns about leaving campus or getting to your destination today, please contact security."
Weather status procedure
If we cancel classes or examinations because of weather, here is how we will notify students, staff, and faculty:
- We will send an email notification via Blazecast
- We will update the Campus status page on our website: https://www.lakeheadu.ca/about /orillia-campus/weather
- We will change the voice message at 705-330-4008
- We will notify regional radio and television stations as soon as possible
- We will post on social media: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
In some cases we may cancel classes or examinations during the day, or decide by mid-afternoon for evening classes. To stay informed, check above sources often.