Purpose of the Library Working Group
To discuss and develop plans with respect to the various stages:
1. Prior to Reopening
- Develop a plan on how library services will be offered taking into account physical distancing and general space restrictions (limits on people in building and/or specific spaces within the Library)
- Prepare buildings and classrooms (clean and disinfect, high traffic areas)
2. Reopening Process
- Ensure spaces are configured according to operational plan
- Signage and monitoring process is in place
- Training of staff for safe handling processes
- Maintain and monitor Library operations
- Maintain cleaning and disinfecting protocols and monitor behaviour to ensure safety protocols are being adhered to by all employees and students.
The Library Working Group Will Encompass Three Important Functions:
- Provide leadership on the phased delivery of physical library services in accordance with University and health and safety guidelines.
- Make recommendations on how to introduce these services.
- Communicate and facilitate with other University working groups, and coordinate activities regarding “return to campus”.
The Library Working Group will provide general oversight on, and help direct, activities such as:
- A phased approach to the delivery of library services.
- Understanding of, and adherence to, social distancing guidelines from both the Government of Ontario, and Lakehead University.
- Training of staff on new procedures.
- Communication of changes to library services to the University community.
Library Working Group members
Jason Zou, Interim University Librarian (Chair)
Chris Tomasini, Librarian Orillia
Madeline Donnelly, Librarian, Thunder Bay
Jan Maki, Admin Assistant
Lorne Clifford, Director, Security Services
Hugh Briggs, Director, Physical Plant
Michel Beaulieu, Associate Vice-Provost (Academic) - Special Projects
Mason Holroyd, Manager, Server, Desktop, IT Security & Client Services
Wayne Melville, Dean, Faculty of Education
Joseph Carney, Chair/Associate Professor
Kunle Akingbola, Associate Professor, Chair of Senate Research Committee
If you have any questions or matters you wish you raise with the Library Working Group, please email email@example.com.